The Path to Prosperityby test
The Path to Prosperity
as envisioned by the
Entrepreneurship Training Program (ETP)
and supported by the
(Meszaros International Center of Entrepreneurship).
The MICE Foundation was developed and remains in partnership with the State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Management to ensure instruction of ethical entrepreneurship and financial literacy to high school students.
The mission of the MICE Foundation is to help develop promising, open-minded young people from diverse backgrounds for a lifelong commitment to sensitive and responsible leadership for the betterment of their communities and the world. The MICE Foundation provides high school students with a unique entrepreneurship training program that encourages tolerance, self-determination, business ethics, and innovation.
· Provide high-level ethical, entrepreneurial, and leadership (education) training
· Assist individuals to realize their potential and goals
· Develop future visionary, inspirational, and ethical business leaders
· Establish tolerance and encourage individuality, self-determination, risk-taking, and perseverance
· Provide opportunities for economic and personal growth, a better quality of life, and independent thinking
· Extend our offerings to provide an impetus for economic revitalization in Western NY
· Design local and international study scholarships
THE PURPOSE OF THE MICE FOUNDATION
Since its inception 2003, the MICE Foundation has been committed to educating open-minded young people for a better world. We firmly believe that youth will be our future leaders and we are committed to helping young people to grow intellectually, ethically, and internationally as well as discover what it takes to be a successful business owner. We do this by offering a unique entrepreneurship training program to high school students located throughout Erie and Niagara counties. Our students are selected for their character, leadership potential and promise as effective managers. MICE envisions itself as becoming the premier provider of ethical entrepreneurial training in Western New York and beyond. To reach this lofty goal, we seek to create a critical mass of entrepreneurial advocates, to influence growth in enterprise start-ups, and to increase domestic and foreign recognition of the value of ethical, moral and socially responsible business practices. As ETP sites stabilize, our interim goals are to: 1) develop broadly scoped affiliate groups ( businesses, corporations, consultants, universities, governments, religious organizations, not for profits, philanthropists, employers, etc) who can both contribute to and benefit from the competencies of MICE; 2) develop additional products, materials and courses that address the needs of current business owners, aspirant entrepreneurs and university audiences; 3) broaden our program reach to include sites beyond Western New York.
Successful completion of this training program will provide the students with:
· An understanding of free enterprise
· The importance of social responsibility and the ethical challenges in decision making
· Exposure to market economy operations
· The ability to identify and assess business opportunities
· An opportunity to develop and defend a business plan
· Increased communication and teamwork skills
· Interaction with peers of diverse backgrounds
The ETP is unique in that it:
· Exposes students to not only a better way of life but also their potential and ability to achieve that life through business.
· Gives students an opportunity to earn a significant college scholarship, which creates the ability to earn a college degree for students who may not otherwise have the opportunity to receive one.
· Allows students to build solid transferable skills that they can take back to their high school classes, as well as the opportunity to earn college credit at the same time.
· Makes use of a Business Plan Workshop and Competition that gives students the chance to design an actual business plan that can be taken away and implemented.
· Uses real business situations and brings in actual business executives to teach students. Our speaker program utilizes these Business executives as guest speakers and interactive participants in class, as well as coaches and judges for the Business Plan Competition.
· Shows how diversity in their personal and professional lives is not only crucial to success in the 21st century, but actually leads to increased success and a more satisfying personal life.
We truly appreciate your assistance in promoting entrepreneurship among our young Western New Yorkers, after all they are the future...
A contribution of $5,000 supports a scholarship for one student, giving this student the invaluable opportunity to attend the 20 week MICE Entrepreneurial Training Program and to attain the skills to be prosperous in our community. Donations of all kinds are warmly welcomed and will directly support the MICE Scholarship Fund. For more information on how YOU can make a difference, please contact Tracy Diina at 208-1064.