Get moving this summer with Fitness in the Parks
Have you ever wished you could attend a fitness class outside during the summer so you don't have to trade the good weather for a good workout? Well, now you can have both.
Independent Health and YMCA Buffalo Niagara are once again teaming up with local parks this summer to promote the value of a healthy lifestyle and encourage Western New York residents to participate in physical activity. You'll be able to enjoy some free fitness fun with YMCA certified instructors starting June 22 through August 30.
Parks hosting Fitness in the Parks include: ArtPark (Lewiston), Bassett Park (Williamsville), Canalside (Downtown Buffalo), Cheektowaga Town Park, Chestnut Ridge (Orchard Park), Delaware Park, Ellicott Creek Park (Tonawanda), Goehle Marina (Lockport) and Main Street Park (Clarence).
Everyone is welcome to participate in these free 60-minute fitness classes, which feature:
- Boot Camp - This challenging yet enjoyable workout will focus on speed, endurance, agility, strength, power moves and cardiovascular training.
- Cardio Dance - Get moving with this class that sets choreography to music. Enhance your cardiovascular endurance, muscle tone, flexibility and coordination.
- Cardio Kickboxing - A great way to relieve stress and tension, this aerobic-based class combines boxing, aerobic exercises, and strengthening exercises to increase flexibility, balance, strength, and coordination.
- Pilates - Strengthen the body's core muscles, including the abdominals and lower back, with this method of body conditioning. It will tone the body and increase flexibility.
- Yoga - Enjoy gentle, effective postures that promote stretching, strengthening and relaxation. Benefits include increased blood circulation, improved mental awareness, strengthened muscles and reduced stress.
No sign up or registration is required. For a detailed exercise class schedule, visit independenthealth.com/fitpark.