CHAMBER TEACHES HEALTH & WELLNESS IN THE WORKPLACE
The Amherst Chamber of Commerce has an extremely diverse membership. From restaurants to corporate parks to hospitals, each office setting is unique. While the type of work we do varies, there is one thing that we all have in common- the majority of our time each week is spent at "the office".
We understand that it can be difficult to integrate healthy living into your busy schedule and that making a lifestyle change such as cutting our sweets, deciding to quick smoking or exercising every day can often be daunting. But did you know that there are small changes you can make throughout the day that will keep you healthy.
Here are a few examples of small steps you can take to be healthier in your workplace:
- Get up from your desk and stretch every hour
- Trade your second soda or coffee for a glass of water
- Take a 10 minute walk around your building instead of staying in for lunch
- Encourage your employees to make healthy lunch choices
- Order a salad and wraps instead of a large pizza and breadsticks for your next lunch meeting
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Chose a parking spot further away from your building
- Send documents to the printer across the building from your office
Implementing just a few of these ideas into your daily routine doesn't take that much time and will prove to be beneficial to your long-term health.
As we mentioned last month, all major health insurance carriers have pages on their website dedicated to health & wellness with resources and guides to give you a deeper understanding of living a healthy lifestyle. They also have programs that can be implemented into your workplace to help develop a health management plan for your employees. Reach out to your carrier today to find out how you can start a health revolution at your workplace.